At Depanel Master, we have been working to find a new spindle that will replace the original spindle. There are a few reasons for this change, but the biggest reason is to provide a cost-effective spindle since many of the replacement parts needed are becoming more rare because that spindle is no longer manufactured.
After much research, we decided on the E88 spindle. It has a long track record of being used in manufacturing. We were pleased that it has been field- and time-tested to ensure our clients have the best possible outcome for manufacturing.
When we replace the spindle, we also replace the driver, which is also readily available. This OEM replacement has 5x more horsepower and other features that improve its function and usability for clients. The spindle comes standard and has been built to the same specs as the original that has been used in the OZO routers since the 80s. We have tested and found it has the same reliability as the original as well.
New Spindle Features:
- One Horsepower—5x more powerful than previous spindle
- High Speed: 60,000 RPM—suggested speed 14,000-60,000 RPM
- Water-cooled, as needed, to preserve bearings and durability
- Driver from a reputable company, off the shelf availability
- Status indicator lights to indicate when up to speed and error
- Digital ammeter with beautiful cherry wood frame
- Safety features: Warning or shutdown when door is open with spindle on
- Rebuilding, as needed, is less expensive than the original OZO spindle
The E88 spindle comes standard on our rebuilt OZO Routers as of Spring 2021.
We are offering this spindle to all our existing customers with the original spindle. Contact us if you would like us to upgrade your current OZO Router with this NEW spindle.
Watch the spindle in action in the quick video below.
Learn about other standard features of the OZO Router Model 18HS.